What’s the one book to give to your boss, co-worker or neighbor to explain what design, or user research, is? And why it’s important? There aren’t that many to pick from, which is why I’m writing one.
Meanwhile, what resources, books, articles or videos, are out there that help? I’m surprised that there aren’t more materials out there (web searches for “design evangelism”, “ux evangelism”, “design advocacy”, etc. didn’t return much).
Suggestions? Please Leave a comment.
“90% of the work of being a UX designer is evangelism” – Presh Onyee
- What is Design Evangelism? (Advocacy, Education, Co-Ordination)
- Become a UX Advocate
- Usability.Gov (various references for basics on good design and user research)
- UK Design Council – Stockpile of resources, advice and references (they created double-diamond framework)
- How To Advocate and Evangelize UX Design (Interaction Design Foundation)
- 5 Proven Tactics (Fast Deliverables, Listening Posts, Tangible Data, Company Communication, Scorecards, ID Foundation)
- How Design Leaders Win Buy In
- Lessons from Jesus on UX evangelism
- Communicating the value of UX Design
- 20 Reasons Good Design Matters To Your Business
- Making Design Important To Others
- Startups: This Is How Design Works
- 7 Proven Reasons Why Good Design Is Good Business
- Why You Need Design (Excerpt from You’re My Favorite Client)
- The Art of Selling Design
- Good Design Does Not Sell Itself
- When ROI Isn’t enough: the persuasive case for user centered design
What’s missing? Leave a comment. Thanks.